Tue, Aug 31, 2021
Green Tea for Glowing, Smooth Skin - 3 DIY Recipes to Try
I've been looking for more ways to incorporate green tea into my daily life. Not only are teas like matcha and green sencha nourishing antioxidant sources, they are also amazing additions to any skin care routine.
I tend to have dry, sometimes red and irritated skin that’s reactive to the sun as well as synthetic ingredients. I’m a gardening and hiking nut and a general outdoor enthusiast, so you can imagine just how important it is to try to keep my skin in balance. Green tea has been a wonderful way to calm down my skin and offer it some much-needed relief.
From facial steams, soothing body butters to cooling sprays, the addition of green tea is so refreshing after hours spent in the garden, or a long day of work. When used in a skincare routine, it can help with minor skin irritations and redness as well as rejuvenate and protect the skin.
Some people even report toning and brightening effects due to the caffeine content found in green teas. These qualities are especially true of matcha tea! I have found that my skin has a glow when I use my matcha green tea body butter regularly. And let’s not forget that matcha, as well as other green teas, contain catechins, a polyphenol that is known for its antioxidant power and which is known to help reduce build-up on the skin.
How to Use Green Tea for Skin Care: There are many ways you can incorporate green teas into your skin care routine. I often begin by making a strong infusion either in water, carrier oil like jojoba, olive oil or witch hazel. I ove how versatile infusions can be and they are always lovely to have on hand.
Another simple option is to brew a strong blend of green tea with your favorite calming herbs and harness the power of steam. Sometimes I’ll even pour myself a little glass of tea while I prepare my recipe.
Here are 3 simple skin care recipes that each incorporate green tea for a refreshing and rejuvenating routine. These
Sat, Aug 28, 2021
If you need a gentle reminder....
Sun, Aug 8, 2021
What tiny happy things do you love?
Mon, Aug 2, 2021
If you’re feeling stuck in a rut, it may be time to start shaking up your daily routine to help your body + mind feel energized again. We’re not talking about a massive commitment to overhaul your entire life. As you’ll discover after trying one or two of these ideas, it’s often the little changes that make the biggest difference. Tiny modifications here and there can greatly improve your quality of life!
Small changes = big impact over time.
Pick up a new hobby
Whether it’s learning a new language, attending an art class, lecture or volunteering at a local charity, finding a new hobby is a great way to take some time for yourself. It helps keep your brain sharp + gets you out of your comfort zone. It’s also a great way to meet new people. Trying new things also brings a renewed sense of well-being and confidence. We’re never too old to learn something new!
Take a morning walk
Breathing in some fresh morning air is sure to help brush away the mental cobwebs and begin the day in a good mood. Walking in the morning can actually help you sleep better at night too, as natural daylight helps set the melatonin (sleep hormone) response for the evening. You can actually improve your sleep by taking a morning walk! Walking is also an incredibly underrated form of exercise that can strengthen your heart and lungs, reduce the risk of stroke, improve blood pressure, ease joint pain, and much more.
Make time to read every day
Not only is taking time to read an act of self-care, but it can actually help improve long-term neurological function. It doesn’t matter if you’re a fiction junkie, love to read memoirs, or just want to disappear in a good old-fashioned romance novel, your body and mind will thank you for it.
Regardless of whether it’s a sunny day or not, using sunscreen daily is imperative for both short + long-term health. Preventing sun damage and great, natural sunscreen options available these days you can easily find the one that best fits
Sun, Aug 1, 2021
A gentle reminder for your day
Wed, Jul 14, 2021
Try These Two Edible, Organic Skincare Recipes
“The world is a mere spontaneous creation of Brahman. It is created out of Bliss, by Bliss and for Bliss. It is created from the waves of Beauty and Bliss.” ~ Ram Shanker Misra, On Sri Aurobindo
The same beauty that makes a flower so elegant, that makes a sunrise so refreshing, a sunset so magical, the whole of the natural world so inspiring, is in you. It is a beauty that arises from a force, an intelligence, a state of being often called pure consciousness. Beauty is pure consciousness expressed through your physiology which is reflected in your physical being.
Just as pure consciousness projects into the manifest world as light, when you are healthy and balanced, beauty radiates through you as a luminescence. The same intelligence in nature that creates beauty can help the beauty in you shine bright.
The right ingredients, drawn from their source - the pure essence of nature versus synthesized in a laboratory - potently deliver the self-correcting, self-regulating, anti-aging, healing wisdom of that life force that emanates from pure consciousness.From nature’s harvest then, you can make my own “beauty” products from the very food you eat.
Below are a few edible beauty recipes from Dr. Manisha Kshirsagar, the the author of Enchanting Beauty: Ancient Secrets to Inner, Outer & Lasting Beauty and an Ayurvedic Doctor practicing in Aptos, California.
For Normal to Dry Skin
This Rose Cleanser thoroughly cleans the face, neck and eye area while nourishing normal skin. Rose is a natural astringent so there is no need to follow with a toner. Rose is also anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and uplifting in its aroma.
1 cup warm water
1/2 cup organic oatmeal (buy gluten free if you're sensitive!)
2 teaspoons rose water
1 teaspoon ghee or almond or sunflower oil
Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until the mixture gets smooth and creamy. Put it in a glass c
Fri, Jun 18, 2021
A Gentle Reminder for Today:
-You do not have to do more.
-You do not have to be more.
-You are enough just as you are.
Mon, Jun 14, 2021
Your friendly reminder to pause + take a minute for yourself today.
Tue, Jun 8, 2021
Keep True to Yourself in a Chaotic World
1. Live simply and deliberately. By choosing not to get caught up, you're doing your part to slow down the rat race and frenetic busy-ness of life. You'll also discover that you have more time to enjoy being alive!
2. Stay in touch with yourself. Soul searching, meditation, and journaling are just a few of the many activities you can take part in to stay aware and learn as much as you can about your emotions, reactions, likes, dislikes, dreams, and fears. Having a solid sense of self gives you a firm foundation for living in this world.
3. Support or teach others as often as you can. This can help you form connections with people while also giving you an opportunity to make the world a better place.
4. Consciously choose what you will allow into your being. The media bombards us with visions of hate, war, and pain. Be judicious about what you read, watch, and listen to.
5. Acknowledge the beauty that resides around you. Whether you live in a sprawling city or sleep suburbia, there are natural and man-made wonders just waiting to be discovered by you.
6. Nurture your ties to your people. Or, create a community that you can belong to. Modern life can be so isolating. When you have a tribe, you have a circle that you are a part of. Its members -- loved ones, friends, or neighbors -- can be a source of support, caring, guidance, and companionship.
7. See the larger picture. Remember that the way that you choose to live is not the only way to live. Widen your perspective by exploring other modes of being through research, travel, and discussion.
8. Embrace the challenges that life presents to you, and challenge yourself often. After a time, even the most exciting jobs or lifestyles can seem routine. Never stop assimilating new knowledge about whatever you are doing, and your life will never seem dull.
Wed, Jun 2, 2021
Rest encompasses much more than just sleep. Are you getting enough?